There are multiple ways to create a league schedule using the schedule generator.
In addition to manually entering your schedule or uploading a schedule from a spreadsheet there are 2 schedulers you can use: the template scheduler and the advanced scheduler.
Check out the following diagram to help you decide which scheduler to use:
In summary, the template scheduler will take minutes to get through, the advanced scheduler will take much longer (you will need to maintain availability for teams and venues plus the schedule is not created real time, it is created in the background and the team schedule maker will take anywhere from between 1 hour to 24 hours to produce an optimal schedule) so give the template scheduler a go first. You can always make adjustments afterwards using the Manage Matches page.
Use the template scheduler when:
- you are scheduling multiple divisions of the same size. (smaller divisions are scheduled over the same number of weeks as the larger division so the smaller division teams will get byes)
- all teams play in every timeslot (you can spread matches over a single timeslot e.g. in 1 hour intervals using the template scheduler)
- up to 24 teams per division
- can be used with the Manage Matches page afterwards
- you are scheduling inter-division matches (the advanced scheduler does not create inter-division matches)
Use the advanced scheduler when:
- you are scheduling multiple divisions of different sizes
- supports any size division
- teams don't have to play in every timeslot
- teams have different availability
If you already have a schedule you can upload it in a spreadsheet in Schedule > Manually Create > Spreadsheet Upload or create matches manually in Schedule > Manually Create > Division Matches.