1. You will need to be on a paid "Gold" plan.
You must have purchased the plan and not be on a Gold trial to be able to use your own domain name e.g. www.your-league.co.uk
The Gold plan includes operating securely under SSL.
2. Buy a domain name from a domain registration company.
There are many available worldwide but you might want to choose a local company to you i.e. in your own country.
You don't need to purchase a hosting package with them because you will point to LeagueRepublic servers that host your actual website.
LeagueRepublic doesn't provide an email service so if you want that then find a domain registration company that provides that service.
3. Contact LeagueRepublic, tell us what domain name you want to use and we will send you the CNAMEs you need.
The following example is for the domain name your-league.co.uk and therefore would be replaced with your real domain name when you come to enter it.
When you contact us, tell us the domain name you want to use and we will send you 2 CNAME records that you will need to enter in the website where you purchased your domain name from.
CNAME for the www subdomain of your website
CNAME for the SSL Ceritificate to be validated from
4. Enter the CNAMEs in your domain registration company's website.
Once you have received the CNAMEs from us you can enter them in the domain registration company's website.
Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the DNS provider to point to the LeagueRepublic servers, there is nothing LeagueRepublic can do to speed this up.
For Fasthosts follow these instructions:
Most domain providers don't allow you to setup a CNAME from the root, this is why we set it up for the subdomain www
4. a) Within Advanced DNS, click on add a CNAME record
4. b) Setup the www subdomain
Enter hostname: www and point to the CNAME we sent you.
4. c) Now create a new CNAME record for the SSL Certificate
Follow the same steps above but enter the hostname as the second CNAME record we sent you.
which will point an AWS domain which will be something like this:
5. Now go back to LeagueRepublic admin
Let us know that this has been completed. We will then make some changes our side to complete the process.
Then go to Admin Home > Billing click on the link 'enter your domain name'
6. Enter your domain name
starting with www. and then press 'Update'
Then press 'make primary'
7. When this domain name is working redirect secondary to primary
8. Setup a web forward / web redirect
Fasthosts requires you to enter a no fee hosting package for this.